A Friedkin Affiliated Company
Established by Dan Friedkin, The Friedkin Group is a privately-held consortium of businesses and investments primarily in the automotive and adventure travel industries. The diverse portfolio of companies is anchored by Gulf States Toyota - founded in 1969 and one of the world’s largest independent Toyota distributors - and includes GSFSGroup, US AutoLogistics, GS Marketing, Westside Lexus and Northside Lexus and Legendary Adventures, among others. Based in Houston, Texas, The Friedkin Group employs over 2,700 associates across a multitude of disciplines. The Friedkin Group is consistently ranked by Houston Business Journal as one of the “Largest Houston-Area Private Companies” and was named as one of Houston’s “Healthiest Employers” in 2014.
Toyota Center - In October 2003, GST helped name the Toyota Center. Since its opening, the Toyota Center has set a new standard for sports and entertainment and become one of the premier live entertainment venues in the nation. Laid over the span of six city blocks, Toyota Center is home to the NBA’s Houston Rockets. Toyota Center also plays host to the nation’s top concerts and touring shows.
Toyota Field - In 2013 GST announced their partnership with Toyota Field, a brand new complex founded to support Morgan’s Wonderland and the San Antonio soccer market. Today, Toyota Field is home to San Antonio FC, a United Soccer League team managed by the San Antonio Spurs.
Toyota Stadium - GST began a partnership with Toyota Stadium and Soccer Center in 2013. The complex boasts a 145-acre multipurpose sports and entertainment facility located in Frisco, TX, and is the home for FC Dallas MLS team. Included in the facility is the 20,500 seat state-of-the-art pro soccer stadium and 17 tournament-sized fields which draws more than 1 million visitors each year.
Organizations/Teams We Sponsor
- University of Arkansas Razorbacks – Fayetteville, AR; Proud Sponsor
- Mississippi State University Bulldogs – Starkville, MS; Proud Sponsor
- University of Texas Longhorns – Austin, TX; Proud Sponsor
- Baylor University Bears – Waco, TX; Proud Sponsor
- Texas Tech University Red Raiders – Lubbock, TX; Proud Sponsor
- Oklahoma State University Cowboys – Stillwater, OK; Proud Sponsor
- Texas Christian University Horned Frogs – Ft. Worth, TX; Proud Sponsor
- Texas Parks & Wildlife – entire state of Texas; Official Vehicle
- Toyota Texas Bass Classic – Texas; Official Vehicle and Naming Rights partner
- Texas Rangers – Arlington, TX; Official Truck